Ten home remedies for fever – Natural ways to reduce a high fever and treat the flu using simple products found in most homes
A fever is your body’s way of fighting an infection during a flu or infection. Suppressing a fever is not advised, as the fever will kill the bacteria and virus. However, high fevers can be dangerous, especially for small children. Natural medicine has numerous treatments to reduce a high fever.
1) Add a half cup of vinegar to lukewarm bath water and soak for five to ten minutes.
2) Boil artichokes and cook until soft. Eat the bottom part of the leaves.
3) Add one teaspoon of tulsi leaves to one cup of hot water, steep for five minutes, and drink three to four times a day. A high fever should be gone by the next day. Other herbs that can encourage sweating and bring out a fever are peppermint, elderflowers and yarrow.
4) Place a slice of raw onion on the bottom of each foot and wrap feet in a warm blanket.
5) Dip a washcloth in a bowl of warm water mixed with a cup of vinegar. Wring it out, and apply to the forehead to treat a high fever.
6) Add one teaspoon of mustard seeds to one cup of hot water, steep for five minutes, and then drink.
7) Slice a potato and soak the slices in vinegar for ten minutes. Then place the slices on the forehead while you lie down and place a washcloth on top. Results should be seen in about 20 minutes.
8) Place a slice of lemon on the bottom of the feet and cover with a wet cotton sock. Cover this sock with a wool sock. An alternate sock treatment is to soak two washcloths in egg whites, place this on the soles of the feet, and cover with socks.
9) Warm a mixture of two tablespoons of olive oil and two large crushed garlic cloves. Apply the mixture under the sole of each foot, wrap each foot with plastic, and keep on for the night. Olive oil and garlic are both wonderful home remedies for fever.
10) For a high fever, soak 25 raisins in half a cup of water. Crush the raisins into the water and strain. Add the juice from a half of a lime to the water and drink twice a day.
(If a high fever persists, consult with your medical advisers.)
by Talya Dagan
Other useful resources:Pioneer Survival - Lessons We Should All Learn
Mega Drought USA:(Discover The Amazing Device That Turns Air Into Water)
Survive The End Days (Biggest Cover Up Of Our President)
Blackout USA (EMP survival and preparedness guide)
Conquering the coming collapse (Financial advice and preparedness )
Liberty Generator (Easy DIY to build your own off-grid free energy device)
Backyard Liberty (Easy and cheap DIY Aquaponic system to grow your organic and living food bank)
Bullet Proof Home (A Prepper’s Guide in Safeguarding a Home )
Sold Out After Crisis (Best 37 Items To Hoard For A Long Term Crisis)
Survival MD(Learn how to survive without medication in any crisis)
Alive After The Fall(Advice on handling crisis situations)