Top 10 Foods that Naturally Clean Teeth
Your teeth are a direct reflection of your whole body wellness. If you have a healthy diet, then your teeth and gums will be healthy as a result.
There are certain foods that can be thought of as a double-edged sword, in terms of keeping your body healthy and cleaning your teeth at the same time.
Top 10 Teeth Cleaning Foods
As we continue exploring natural alternatives to cleaning teeth, we must mention these top ten beneficial foods for the teeth.
- Tea – Infused herbal teas a way to promote good dental health. Green tea contains polyphenol antioxidant plant compounds that reduce plaque and help reduce cavities and gum disease. Tea may help reduce bad breath as well. Further, rinses can be made by preparing an herbal infused tea in the usual way, or by simply stirring herb powder into water. Hold the rinse in the mouth for a few seconds or up to several minutes, gargle, and spit out.
- Dairy Products – Milk and yogurt are good for teeth because they contain low acidity, which means that wearing of teeth is less. They are also low in decay-inducing sugar. Milk is a good source of calcium, the main component of teeth and bones.
- Cheese – Cheese contains natural cavity-fighting agents as well as contains vitamins to strength the teeth and enamel. The calcium and phosphate, which helps balance pH in the mouth, preserves (and rebuilds) tooth enamel, produces saliva, and kills bacteria that cause cavities and disease.
- Fruits – Some of our favorite fruits and vegetables are natural abrasives and eating them scrubs your teeth in a natural and harmless way. Fruits such as apples, strawberries and kiwis contain Vitamin C. This vitamin is considered the element that holds cells together. If this vitamin is neglected, gum cells can break down, making gums tender and susceptible to disease.
- Vegetables – Vitamin A, found in pumpkins, carrots, sweet potatoes and broccoli, is necessary for the formation of tooth enamel. Crunchy vegetables such as carrots, cauliflower, brocolli and cucumbers may also help clean gums because of the increased chewing it takes to break it down. Onions contain antibacterial sulfur compounds. Tests show that onions kill various types of bacteria, especially when eaten raw. Celery protects teeth by producing saliva which neutralizes acid that causes demineralization and cavities. It also massages the teeth and gums.
- Fresh herbs – Chewing on herbs like parsley, cilantro, and mint helps decrease odors caused by a buildup of bacteria. Dried herbs do not do as good of a job as fresh herbs do, however, dried herbs can be used in mouth rinses.
- Seeds – Especially sesame seeds reduce plaque and help build tooth enamel. They are also very high in calcium.
- Animal Protein Sources – Beef, chicken, turkey, eggs and especially fatty fish like salmon contain phosphorus which, with calcium, is one of the two most vital minerals of teeth and bone.
- Water – Water cleans the mouth and produces saliva that deposits essential minerals into the teeth. It keeps gums hydrated and washes away particles from the teeth.
- Whole Grains – Whole grains contain B vitamins and iron, which help keep gums healthy. Further, the magnesium that is also present is an important ingredient for bones and teeth. In addition, whole grains are high in fiber. High-fiber foods keeps saliva flowing, which helps create mineral defenses against tooth decay. Foods such as bran, brown rice, whole-grain cereals and pasta are good choices for whole grains.
Other useful resources:Pioneer Survival - Lessons We Should All Learn
Mega Drought USA:(Discover The Amazing Device That Turns Air Into Water)
Survive The End Days (Biggest Cover Up Of Our President)
Blackout USA (EMP survival and preparedness guide)
Conquering the coming collapse (Financial advice and preparedness )
Liberty Generator (Easy DIY to build your own off-grid free energy device)
Backyard Liberty (Easy and cheap DIY Aquaponic system to grow your organic and living food bank)
Bullet Proof Home (A Prepper’s Guide in Safeguarding a Home )
Sold Out After Crisis (Best 37 Items To Hoard For A Long Term Crisis)
Survival MD(Learn how to survive without medication in any crisis)
Alive After The Fall(Advice on handling crisis situations)